Saturday, December 8, 2007

All I Want For Christmas

So I have some friends who are being total flakes right now. The three of us were supposed to throw this huge party, right? But they both got busy, so I pretty much had to plan the whole thing on my own. Well this last week I haven't been able to talk to either one of them. They won't answer their phones when I call or write me back when I text them. It is so frustrating! I am mad because they think they should have say in the party, but the fact of the matter is- we're having it at my house, I had to plan it without them, so why do they think they have any say? Why are people so IMMATURE.

I know, I probably don't sound any better, venting about it on here. But these two people do this all the time. I am always supposed to drop whatever I am doing and go do whatever they want to do. But whenever I want to do something, they are both too busy. I am tired of that. I am tired of them.

Advice?

-T

4 comments:

annette07 said...

Tomiah,

Are they really your friends or acquaintances. Friend enjoy planning and doing things together. Joanna is my best friend and we get a blast out of planning trips. We are already pumped for FAN NITE!! It is still three weeks away. lol
You really need to sit down with your friends and discuss some problems between you. Then you can all grow more. You seem to be very mature for your years.

Tina said...

I would say... don't DROP anything for them. If you are really tied up in something and they want you to do something, tell them maybe later. And if you're free, go have fun with them. If you really do drop everything to go with them when they expect it, but they don't do the same in return, just keep your former obligations. They should understand.
And if they get upset about the party, just tell them the truth - they weren't around to give their input. Say it calm and pleasant, though. = )
You'll hang in there. I've had some not so hot friends too.
Just my two cents. Take it for what its worth or not worth. ^^
Tina

Kim said...

I have several friends, well, not sure I would call them friends anymore, but they used to be my friends. Anyway, they don't call me back when I call them. They'll say they'd love to talk to me sometime and catch up or whatever and then...nothing. I think that if someone is really your friend, they should treat you like one. A friendship should be mutual. I appreciate a mutual friendship because I've had my share of one-sided friendships and I'm tired of it. I hope you can get things worked out. *Hugs*

Megan Renee said...

I think we have all had friends like that and it is very frustrating!You are not alone in feeling this way!*hugs*

It's ok to vent.We all need to from time to time.Maybe nextt ime you 3 are together sit down and talk to them how you feel.Maybe you'll be surprised and they will listen.Also I have friends that *like the one I talked about in my post) that things fell apart years ago but now that we are older things are better.Some people mature faster than others.Time and life changes us at different rates.You just may have to be patient and wait for things to work out.

Take care and God bless!